- Works on all platforms (32 bit, 64 bit)
- Works on all OSes which have java.. windows, linux, solaris, hp-unix, mac, etc
- No slab reallocation issues as we don't have any slabs
- Multi threaded
- Pure java. No third party dependency.
- 10%-20% performance drop
- Cpu utilization is higher than memcached
- Objects are not tightly packed, so uses a bit more memory
Testing was done using the xmemcached client and their benchmark code.
PS: Java gathering write still has memory leak on 64 bit linux.